Want a new Hood that doesn't "choke"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well obviously they come out of my head into the head of the wetsuit guy local to you

Is your hood venting OK? I had a Neosport hood where there was some glue or plastic covering the inside of the vent -- the hood would balloon up if air got inside (e.g., from clearing mask). Could be uncomfortable and cause buoyancy issues (not to mention the embarrassment of having a giant balloon head). Easily fixed by poking through a few times with a sharp object. Your buddy should probably be able to see some bubbles coming out of the vent as you descend, at least for the initial descent.

If that's not it, maybe try a hooded vest. Works a lot better for cold water for me.

Right now, my favorite is the K-01
Is that a model or a brand?

When it comes to hoods, I'm a Waterproof fanboi. From my cold dead hands etc. Haven't heard about K-01, though.

Is that a model or a brand?

When it comes to hoods, I'm a Waterproof fanboi. From my cold dead hands etc. Haven't heard about K-01, though.
Have to say I love the Waterproof hood I have - tight enough to minimise flushing but flexible enough that it is not too tight to restrict movement or restrict my throat. Have another hood that is too tight across my throat and I always feel close to gagging with it.

Thanks for the input, everyone. Before I go buy a new hood (this one is practically brand new anyway) or cut this one up, the first thing I'm going to do is just leave the bib out of the neck of my wetsuit the next time I go diving. That will probably be next month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom