Wanted Want to buy: Travel Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fonzi4

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking for a wing, backplate (aluminum or soft), and harness suitable for traveling. This would be for single tank recreational use, and I'm looking for a donut style over a horseshoe style. 20 to 30 lbs of lift.

Please let me know if you have anything you're looking to get rid of.

2B0FE0E7-D4DB-431E-9742-9980A408DA3E.jpeg
171F9DCD-32D8-42D7-A216-2FBC4FCF99B2.jpeg
Hog 23# wing

$200

Wing wise hard not to suggest just getting a dgx s1. It's great wing especially so at 199 also very compact.

I have 2 brand new systems ( sorry some of the pictures are not pretty ). Both are $499.99 CAN ( roughly 385 US)
Saekodive Glide Backplate and Wing Systems
or
Dive Rite XT Harness with Voyager EXP wing 16

One is a Saekodive and one is a Diverite. The Diverite does not come with weight pouches as the first picture shows. Plus the corrugated hose is all discolored. Both are brand new.

Perhaps you are looking for something cheaper but I thought I would throw this out there.

The Deep6 20lb wing and backplate combo is really good value for money if you’re buying new

What about travel SS backplates? In decreasing order of price, there's Eric S's Thin SS Freedom Plate, the Oxycheq Travel S/S Backplate and the Diverite XT Lite. Is a question of you get what you pay for, or e.g. is there Diverite "better" than the Oxycheq?

EDIT: the Golem Gear Stream backplate looks like another possibility in this category. Visually it looks very similar to the oxycheq one, priced a bit cheaper.

Older DiveRite Transpacs work well also, and tend to cost less. I don't know about you, but I prefer not to have all my 'shinys' on display when travelling. Nobody really notices an older BCD :)

What about travel SS backplates? In decreasing order of price, there's Eric S's Thin SS Freedom Plate, the Oxycheq Travel S/S Backplate and the Diverite XT Lite. Is a question of you get what you pay for, or e.g. is there Diverite "better" than the Oxycheq?

EDIT: the Golem Gear Stream backplate looks like another possibility in this category. Visually it looks very similar to the oxycheq one, priced a bit cheaper.

A plate is a plate, provided you buy from a decent manufacturer. I’ve got a HOG and the Dive Rite one that you mentioned.

A plate is a plate, provided you buy from a decent manufacturer. I’ve got a HOG and the Dive Rite one that you mentioned.
I managed to get an Aluminum Freedom Plate, so now I'm just waiting for VDH to ship my wing.

Back
Top Bottom