Want to purchase a strobe light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffsky29

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking buy a strobe light to attach near anchor to help find anchor line before surfacing, and other uses. I have been looking online and was going to purchase a Tektiite, until I read some reviews. It seems their lights have flooding issues.

Can someone recommend a good strobe light?

Thanks,

Jeff

The tektite strobes seem less likely to flood so long as you turn them on at the surface and off again only at the surface. I've had one which has worked for several years by only twisting it on/off at the surface.

light monkey also offers a new strobe which is extremely bright and features a rechargeable battery, might want to check those out...

If you treat a tektite strobe relatively carefully it’ll treat you well. Just have to be careful not to loosen it too much to shut it off. However, like flymolo said, if you have the money, the new Light Monkey strobe is awesome.

Light Monkey ($250+?) looks a little more than I want to spend. Recently spent more than I was planning on a Shearwater Perdix and air pressure transmitter. I then realized I needed to purchase a new first stage with Two high pressure ports, one for the Shearwater air pressure transmitter. For the record I love this computer - super easy to see and operate!

Looks like I will get the Tektite Strobe 3500.

Can’t go wrong with that!

I found the easiest way to attach it to the line is to tie a bungee loop about 4-6” in diameter through one of the side slots. When you get to the anchor line wrap the bungee around the line a few times and then slip it around the strobe head. That way the strobe stays in place versus using a bolt snap around the line.

I think I understand how you tie it. But if you have a pic, that would be great.

This isn’t the best picture, but you can see how I tie the bungee through the strobe.

I hold the strobe against the line and wrap the bungee around everything before looping it back over the strobe head. I’m not around my gear as I’m traveling or I’d take a better picture.

Attachments

• C6E23B4E-CF55-4B9F-B9DB-7C769C0D6820.jpeg
    C6E23B4E-CF55-4B9F-B9DB-7C769C0D6820.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 132
This isn’t the best picture, but you can see how I tie the bungee through the strobe.

I hold the strobe against the line and wrap the bungee around everything before looping it back over the strobe head. I’m not around my gear as I’m traveling or I’d take a better picture.

I think I understand. I will figure it out. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom