Want to use Camera for video....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina:
I'd go with a still that can do video, too.

I'd also go with the Canon A series. A friend always shoots some video on his A70 and puts them on a disk with his images for buddies etc...the vid looks good on the computer. Have never seen the playback on a tv...on my 19" flatscreen monitor vid looks great as does the laptop...

The other nice thing is the price of these cameras and housings!

It will look the same on a TV monitor. The camera records 240x329 pixels. at 15 frames
per second. THis is conciderably lower than standrad TV quality and fall below what a
mini DV video camera can capture.

On the other hand the A70 is a better still camera then even the best of the video cameras.

IS the A70 out of production yet?? The latest is the A95 and I've seen A85s for sale.

A step up in quality is the Oly 5050. It s bigger and more expensive than the Canon but it does more too. The trouble is that you can follow that trail forever... for a little more money you can get xxx and for only $100 more you can get xxx but but as long as you are spending that why not go for this one.... but only $50 more will get you... You just have to draw a line some place.

I wanted a video camera that took stills so I bought the Sony Handycam PC350 and the Light and Motion Mako Housing. I don't have any lighting as of yet but, that'll come later, when I can afford it. As long as I have the sunlight shining through I can still get some pretty good video. The still aren't as good as what you would get with a real still camera but, I'm happy with what I have.
I wish I knew how to post a picture on here. I'll try to figure it out and post a still I took with my PC350. I'll also try to post a picture that I took from the video when I was out of the water.

Back
Top Bottom