WANTED: Dive Boat in Ontario??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MyronGanes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking to purchase a dive boat in Ontario, preferably close to Muskoka. Anyone selling in this area? Thanks!

Depending on your budget - it might be cheaper to buy one in Florida and take it back to Canada.

there is diving in Muskoka? I just thought canoes and backwoods trecking & canoe/portaging was the usual game...

(at least that is what we do there)

MyronGanes, what is your definition of a dive boat? Diving in Muskoka a pontoon boat would be almost ideal. Muskoka doesnt get rough like the Great Lakes do. A pontoon would provide lots of room to move around. On the other hand if you plan on diving Georgian Bay you need a boat with a deep V hull. Or a big inflatable RHIB.

Muskoka doesnt get rough like the Great Lakes do. .

99% of the time anyway. We were there in December and it was horrible... 3 to 4 footers, really close together, sleet and freezing rain. On Sunday it was blowing a full gale. I didn't dive since I didn't want to leave anyone else in the boat other than me! (And we were in a 20' Zodiac Hurricane with self-righting gear!)

For those of you wondering about diving in the Muskokas, the signature dive there is the Waome... The water there is very dark, and late in the season, our second dive was pretty much a night dive...

Bow wow DSC_2610.jpg Waome Basement Steps DSC_2564.jpg Waome BassDSC_2606.jpg Waome Cabin DSC_2559.jpgOver under.DSC_2613.jpgWaome Jesse DSC_2557.jpg Waome Jesse DSC_2554.jpg

Last edited:
Back to the regularly scheduled thread...

Yes, more details on the boat... size, type, capacity? Where are you going to use it? How many divers do you want to carry? Are they rec or tech?

Are you planning on trailering it? What tow vehicle do you have? Are you prepared to replace it?

And most importantly, what is your budget...

Back
Top Bottom