WANTED: Fellow diver/photographer for budget, Komodo Liveaboard trip in July.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Magrone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello fellow Indo lovers,

I'm going on a month long solo dive vacation in July in Indonesia this year. I was originally going to go with my girlfriend but she will not be able to get away from work for that long.

I plan on diving Komodo for 7 to 10 days around the full moon. I will be diving (hopefully) with CN Dive and their rate is $135.00 a day. They run a local operation and have been around for quite awhile. They come reccomended by Lonely Planet and other people here on Scubaboard. The only catch to this great price is that they require a 2 person minimum.

On my previous trip to Komodo I spent the whole trip in the north end so my objective for this trip is to get to the southern Rinca sites like Cannibal Rock, End of the World etc. I am a photographer so I will probably have preference for sights with less than ripping currents, but I definately want to hit some of the more exciting current dives while I'm there, just not linger on those sites. So if you are interested in doing some of the best diving in the world for cheap, and have similar diving preferences, let me know.

You can check out CN dive's rudimentary website, but it won't provide much info.

http://cndivekomodo.com/

I have emailed them and they said that June is already booked but spots are still available for July. Please PM with questions or feel free to post here.

Thanks

The dive guide on our boat in Komodo told us that visibility in the South is very poor until the summer weather pattern goes away sometime in September. If Cannibal Rock is on your wish list, you might want to confirm if his opinion was correct.

Thanks highdesert.

Yea shortly after posting this Scuba Scotty, a divemaster in Komodo, sent me a pm with the bad news about weather, vis, waves etc. in July. I was really hoping to do south Komodo on this trip but I guess I will have to skip it and just do the north again. I'll probably just shorten the trip to 5-7 days now.

So if anyone is up for doing a budget North Komodo liveaboard in July, let me know!

I'll be in Bali June, July Aug. sounds like fun please e-mail me with more info. (The web site was kind of useless.

PM SENT,

I agree the website is pretty useless, but it does offer a crappy pic of the boat and a decent pic of a cabin. :) Which seems good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom