Wanted good condiiton Used bauer parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seahuntjerry

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
My Jr is trashed cost very too high for new.:(
Looking for following parts that are good no scoring galling etc.

67096-06-0 Cylinder
o69927 Guide piston
609040-050 ? Piston ring
Ni5294 Circlip x2

Thanks,Jerry

Hi,
this compressor has about 300 hours on it.I bought it after it was totally rebuild.
Always took very good care of it and now the third stage piston is shot.

Compressor mechanic cleaned the inside of the cylinder head put new piston $235.00 in it and flushed out the oil twice.Started knocking once again Piston is shot and inside of cylinder and guide piston is scored.
Bauer wants $650.00 for parts not including an other third stage piston and three hours of labor to clean out aluminum filings etc in compressor.
Probably go to sell off parts filter tower etc.

I do have an Oceanus Bauer and would NEVER recommend a bauer utilus ,Junior to anyone,what a piece of junk and designed to fail.
Jerry

Jerry,

You could not possibly be any more wrong on the Junior. Hands down it is the best unit of it's size for filling individual scuba cylinders. You bought it after someone rebuilt it. Don't you see a problem there? Who rebuilt it? Your 'compressor guy' is likely a low pressure compressor mechanic and I highly doubt an authorized Bauer distributor. If Pablo down the street rebuilt the engine in my Toyota and it crapped out on me I wouldn't be blaming Toyota.
You are right, Bauer parts are not cheap, but they are good. Pay for quality or don't, it's up to you. You want the job done right, go to a factory authorized distributor that will use authentic Bauer parts and you can easily get 1,000 hours on the unit before needing to start replacing valves, pistons, rings, etc. Have Pablo rebuild it and you are in the position that you are in.

Back
Top Bottom