Wanted -- "Silent World."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am actually reading it for the first time, my edition is from 1953... it is inspiring!

I have an August 1953 seventh impression edition, signed for me by Jean-Michel Cousteau in about 1995. Not for sale at any price, sorry.

@clownfishsydney
I have an August 1953 seventh impression edition, signed for me by Jean-Michel Cousteau in about 1995. Not for sale at any price, sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good for you ! If the book was mine I would also treasure it -- a heirloom to be passed from generation to generation.

Professional Bibliophiles are conflicted on books that are signed and those that are inscribed
When a book is signed it denotes only a signature that may or may not be original with no relationship of the author to the current book owner. It is signed book which are often obtained at book signings
An inscribed book contains a short personal message creating a relationship between the author and the recipient, often with a date or even place of signing.

You have the former - a signed book by JMC. May I make a suggestion that you write a document as to how when and where you obtained the signature, fold it and place under the dust cover and hopefully plastic cover over the dust cover for your (future?) grandchildren to read

Dust jackets are often as valuable as the book- If you do not have a dust jacket purchase a similar book and use that Dust jacket for your signed book.

In Australia you have one of the worlds greatest used diving book merchants , Peter Stone of Classic diving books. For price he can duplicate a dust jacket for you.

fyi check your PMs

Sam Miller,III

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom