Wanting to dive Ft. Pickens Jetties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thedebinator

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My buddy and I are newly certified divers (6 logged dives, the first 4 being certification dives in June). I would like to dive the Ft. Pickens Jetties in Pensacola, or any other beginner level dives in Pensacola since it is close to home.

My problem is this. I would prefer to have a divemaster along (I am the cautious type and would prefer to dive with someone who knows the area). Is there any way to find a dive master to do this. I have googled dive shops in Pensacola and all they list on the web are the wreck dives. I would prefer to keep things simple until I get more experience (I did go to 73ft at Palancar Gardens right after I got certified and did fine, but was much more comfortable at 55 later that day).

Any help steering me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Try the dive shops, I like Dive Pros (850)456-8845, and let them know your needs. They know the DM's associated with their respective shop and can help you get together. The DMs will likely charge for the service since you are asking them to render a professional service, but it's is likely to be reasonable and well worth the cost. If you don't have any luck there, send me an email and I'll see if I can help you directly.

Capt. Jim
Dr Dive
www.drdive.com
drdive@drdive.com

Thanks Capt. Jim. I sent an email as soon as I saw your response. We are trying to get this trip together for the weekend of Sept 19 & 20. I will call Divepros on Monday evening if i haven't recieved an email response by then. Thanks again. I hope this works out :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom