Wanting to go streamlined

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone mentioned sidemount yet?

You get superb streamlining, trivially easy shutdowns, full redundancy, not to mention a host of other benefits such as amazing trim, total control, ability to squeeze into tight holes. The gift that won't stop giving! Oh, and you can have a 2.1m/7' hose bungeed to the cylinder, stashed neatly out of the way.

The minor downside is it takes a little more effort to initially configure your kit.

Has anyone mentioned sidemount yet?

You get superb streamlining, trivially easy shutdowns, full redundancy, not to mention a host of other benefits such as amazing trim, total control, ability to squeeze into tight holes. The gift that won't stop giving! Oh, and you can have a 2.1m/7' hose bungeed to the cylinder, stashed neatly out of the way.

The minor downside is it takes a little more effort to initially configure your kit.
Not sure but CCR was already mentioned so it’s long over-due.

Ah, sidemounting the bailouts. Superb streamlining, trivially easy shutdowns....

One day, if we're ever allowed to leave our island, I dream of diving in some wonderful clear azure blue, warm water (seriously getting lockdown fever here!) -- as opposed to our cold, dark, green waters found around the UK.

Anyway, would really like to take the sidemount harness & regs and simply rent two ali80s and rig them for sidemounting. Do people do this in resort dive locations? Is this feasible?

He is a goal-post mover too.
I was arguing against a 7 ft hose; he is saying 5 ft. Whatever. It is the Basic thread.
Does it really matter where I move the goal posts if you can’t kick the ball properly? Sorry, couldn’t resist.

OT: I'm looking forward to my mod 1 rebreather training on the Prism2 when I come back from Greece in August.

OT: I'm looking forward to my mod 1 rebreather training on the Prism2 when I come back from Greece in August.
That’s awesome! But be careful mentioning it here, it’s a Basic thread, new divers will get confused, people will get upset.

That’s awesome! But be careful mentioning it here, it’s a Basic thread, new divers will get confused, people will get upset.
I'm upset at myself! :(:mad::p:eek::D

Anyway, would really like to take the sidemount harness & regs and simply rent two ali80s and rig them for sidemounting. Do people do this in resort dive locations? Is this feasible

Totally feasible depending on the dive OP. They may require you show a SM card though.
I take a small pony and just sm a single al80 but if you need the gas, you can certainly use 3 cylinders over 2 dives.
Just be sure to fully brief your buddy if they're unfamiliar with SM.

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom