Wanting to move further South

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BVickery

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok, though I love Jax and the dive community here, I am really wanting to move further south were there are more beach dives going on. I'm on a fixed income and curious what are some of the less expensive area's to rent in. I try online but they only go for like Miami and the upper scale places in the surrounding community.

Biggest issue is I have a 'large' breed dog (Australian Shepard) that limits me (to many places have a 25lb max).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Boynton Beach, FL, Lake Worth, FL, West Palm Beach, FL, North Palm Beach, FL, Pompano/Deerfiled Beach, FL? Great diving in all those areas, plus some areas of inexpensive housing (relatively, not sure how it compares to Jax) in each city mentioned.

Right now in a 1BR apartment for about $670/mo.

Amy, thanks for the places to look at.

lots of beach dives here on the treasure coast. and in Jupiter...awesome dive boats. This area is much less expensive than SoFl.

I saw that. I'm going to start putting away some cash for an eventual move. The big issue for me is the whole large dog, way to many places want the small under 25 lb dogs. I find it odd since these things are noisy and VERY aggressive for the most part (woman had 2 small dogs that would instantly start to bark the moment I stepped out of my apartment and I was 2 floors up and across from her.

Margate is an okay place to live - i rented an apartment there before i got married and it's still close to ft lauderdale and the surrounding areas - although there are some good apartment / condos to rent in Hollywood that's aren't that expensive. My house is in Hollywood and i love the area right where i am - close to publix, walgreens, turnpike, and 15 min to the beach.

i would consider renting a house as well - less restrictions usually on the size of the dog and of course a yard for them to play in.

Margate is an okay place to live - i rented an apartment there before i got married and it's still close to ft lauderdale and the surrounding areas - although there are some good apartment / condos to rent in Hollywood that's aren't that expensive. My house is in Hollywood and i love the area right where i am - close to publix, walgreens, turnpike, and 15 min to the beach.

i would consider renting a house as well - less restrictions usually on the size of the dog and of course a yard for them to play in.

Problem is I'm on a fixed income so unless I find a roommate that wouldn't end up screwing me over (which is unlikely) I'm not going to go the house route.

Try Craigsist, they have some interesting rentals.
Get a short term rental,easy in the summer for seasonal places, and drive around areas that interest you until you find "the place" There are cottages and Mother in Law quarters you will only find if you drive around the neighborhood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom