Warm Clothes under the Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So in the SSI wreck class material they say that if you put a tiny bit of Aquaseal on the fingertips prior to the dive, you’ll extend the gloves life.

I guess they mean that wrecks will cut through your gloves if you have to touch the metal bits in case you get stuck ? For example if you have to touch the sides of a doorway ?
I wouldn't say "will", but yes, there's a more than fair chance to cut or rip holes in your exposure protection if you're handling sharp edges. Aquaseal is extremely durable, so spreading a thin layer of it on your glove finger tips may be a good idea if you're planning to handle sharp edges.

Me, I only watch wrecks from the outside, so this isn't particularly relevant for me. But I use Aquaseal every once in a while to fix holes in my exposure protection. It works very well regardless of whether those holes are caused by long-term wear or by some mistake on my side.

Back
Top Bottom