Warm Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I haven't dived since Feb. until today here in N.S. Water temp. was 50F (10C). Usually low 40sF. The temp. never got below about 43F all winter, and is usually around a low of 35F. Anyone else in this area (N.England, etc.) or even further South experiencing this?
Often I have seen temps. in the mid 40s as late as June here.

I would agree. Rhode Island water were mid 40's all winter. I was in a lake yesterday in Massachusetts and it was 52. Very unseasonably for this time of year. I was expecting 42 to 46 degrees.

Geez. Glad the redneck riviera is above 70 at this point, although that would give a reason to get some more gear.

Local quarry here in northern IL was 48F two weeks ago.

Maine waters hit upper thirties when we went in in March, but moved up to the forties shortly after. Now they're getting even better.

Geez. Glad the redneck riviera is above 70 at this point, although that would give a reason to get some more gear.
By redneck Riviera are you talking about the N. Gulf-- like Miss. & AL (That's the area I've heard know as that having been all over the Gulf)?
If so, what was the Gulf's lowest temperature this past winter (FL panhandle, etc.)?

By redneck Riviera are you talking about the N. Gulf-- like Miss. & AL (That's the area I've heard know as that having been all over the Gulf)?
If so, what was the Gulf's lowest temperature this past winter (FL panhandle, etc.)?

I meant PCB area particularly but I attach that term of endearment to most all of the Florida panhandle. The lowest temp I had this year was 66 back in March. Thought a 3mm would be enough since I also dive the Springs that are 68. I was wrong. Flush is going to be purchasing a 5mm and a hood before venturing those temps again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom