• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Warmest Glove Liners in Dry Gloves?

Discussion in 'Exposure Suits' started by DevilEyeDog, Apr 18, 2020.

1. BFRedrocks

BFRedrocks ScubaBoard Sponsor ScubaBoard Sponsor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I have the KUBI Icelandic wool liners and they are great! I would definitely recommend going up a size or two on your drygloves though because the warmest liners won't make a difference if your hand is squeezed tight in the drygloves...the air inside the glove needs to be able to be warmed up, and if it's constricted, that makes it harder. You should be able to keep it to one liner layer, but everyone's tolerance to cold is different. I do perfectly fine with the icelandic liners inside my KUBI drygloves (I have the thick red ones) down to about 7 deg C water, which is as cold as I've dove without heated liners (which I used in Antarctica). :wink:

2. ericfine50

ericfine50 Contributor

i just picked up a pair of the Kubi Icelandic liners and their socks. Looking forward to trying them out soon. I also like the K01 Glove Liners. Having some air in the glove is going to help insulate against the cold water and your liner.

3. formernuke

formernuke ScubaBoard Sponsor ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Merino I like that, do they lint badly?

I'm using the fourth element in mine but I prefer wool if I can find one that doesn't lint.

In short please report back how they work for our conditions.

4. ericfine50

ericfine50 Contributor

No linting at all. The K01 work great in our waters. Also Alpaca works very well.

5. Christozs

Christozs Registered

# of Dives: 25 - 49