Warning for Monterey Divers (especially women): Beware of Fred

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll be diving Point Lobos from Dave's boat! I'll bring enough food (Scott KNOWS that I bring food!). Yes, Bob came down for a few days and we all dove Point Lobos. The vis was awesome (50-60 ft at least).

We get both pink AND purple hydrocoral. I'll show you around when you get here. Don't forget your camera! If you want more pics of hydrocoral, let me know and I'll post them in my photobucket gallery.

scubalaurel:
Congrats on the nuptials!! Glad my poor joke taste didn't hinder the wedding plans :lol: 30th of September....Pt. Lobos...many dives, with FOOD in between! Oh, I will also bring freshly charged batteries...the things we learn the more we dive....:D

Dan...Awesome pics!!! Was Bob down from WA? how come some of the hydrocoral looks pink? I've only seen purple. Pls do take me to the hydrocoral once we get into the water, k?

:D Can't wait!

scubalaurel:
I am still planning on it ...still trying to get my hubby to come up there with me, tho'. :blinking: I am so excited about diving at Pt. Lobos again! ...only this time, I am gonna bring FOOD with me!

I'll be diving Pt Lobos this Saturday (9/9)!!! I am so looking forward to it. Never dove there before. Everything I have read says it is great.

Hey back on topic... I met Fred last weekend at Breakwater. He parked next to us and asked to join my GF and I on our dive. I declined but he was persistant. Gave us his phone number and promissed to show us around. Later he came by and asked again. A shave and a bath let alone a toothbrush would surely help this guys approach and for god's sake a mint.

Carl

Even if Fred did look presentable, in my two encounters with him I noticed that when I give him the brush off, instead of leaving he stayed there staring directly at me with no expression on his face. The whole effect was creepy! Whew.

Any recent Fred sightings? I am tracking his sightings...to determin if they are primarily summer or winter and to see if I can find any pre-determined migration patterns...

:laurel:

SoCalAngel:
Any recent Fred sightings? I am tracking his sightings...to determin if they are primarily summer or winter and to see if I can find any pre-determined migration patterns...

Who would have thunk it? Fred has a stocker.

Uh....call me weird, but what is this fred character?

P.S. I'm not joking.

RoyN:
Uh....call me weird, but what is this fred character?

P.S. I'm not joking.

roy...read the thread...

Wow, I got certified was for the purpose of getting away from the crazy surface. Does he go to Coral Street or Lover's Point?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom