WARNING: Jolly Dive boat captain by name of Paul sexually harassed me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someone replied on Tripadvisor claiming to have been there and seen the incident first hand. It didn't sound legitimate to me, but I believe that's the second written account that @Scuba-74 was referencing.
Here's a link to it: Alleged sexual harrassment by Captain Paul of Jolly Dive - Review of Jolly Dive Center, Jolly Harbour, Antigua and Barbuda - TripAdvisor

I did read the report and he said that he was diving while the captain and OP were alone on board. He could only speak to events prior to and after the time of the alleged incident. Which is why I said that there is only one report about the time in question. Interesting that his long narrative of before and after has some people fooled into thinking that he was there during the alleged incident.

Since you are nitpicking my comment, how do you know she was not even one of the investigating officers? She sounded very well aware of the details of the case, allegedly.

What Jonny Wishbone wrote, quoted below, is pretty clear that she was not one of the investigating officers, but is familiar with the case file. Notice that Jonny has posted since each of our posts and has not addressed whether the officer was on the scene. He can certainly clarify if he would like.

...The officer I spoke to on the phone knew of the incident fairly well and confirmed that a police report was done. She also knew of some details that were mentioned in the OP ‘post...

I did read the report and he said that he was diving while the captain and OP were alone on board. He could only speak to events prior to and after the time of the alleged incident. Which is why I said that there is only one report about the time in question. Interesting that his long narrative of before and after has some people fooled into thinking that he was there during the alleged incident.

What Jonny Wishbone wrote, quoted below, is pretty clear that she was not one of the investigating officers, but is familiar with the case file. Notice that Jonny has posted since each of our posts and has not addressed whether the officer was on the scene. He can certainly clarify if he would like.
I would say that the woman i spoke with on the phone was just a desk officer who answers phone complaints and walk-ins. That is usually how a department is structured. I'm also guessing that because the department is so small and the area they cover is so small, that incidents and whats happening around their town get talked about and news travels fast. From how she spoke about it, it seemed her only knowledge was from a conversation she may have had with the actual responding officer and probably was only able to convey that officers opinion on the complaint. hope that clears up you're question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom