Warning to Teric owners, check the tightness of the lug screws

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Zulu doesn’t have the double strap part so fewer rings. Charging with either should not present a problem since you can just pull a loop in it to fit the charger, provided you’re using the stock charger. I personally hate those straps enough to prefer the risk of loss over one.
I wasn't sure how easy that would be since I haven't taken the strap off to see how tight the opening would be on a NATO strap. Did you email them to request the pins/lugs with threadlocker?

I wasn't sure how easy that would be since I haven't taken the strap off to see how tight the opening would be on a NATO strap. Did you email them to request the pins/lugs with threadlocker?
I have put colored replacement straps on both, I don’t know if the had any lock compound on the threads and since I check them each time I charge it (8 to 10 hours use) I haven found them use, if I do I’ll just put some blue locktite on the threads.

I have put colored replacement straps on both, I don’t know if the had any lock compound on the threads and since I check them each time I charge it (8 to 10 hours use) I haven found them use, if I do I’ll just put some blue locktite on the threads.
Shearwater says the blue Loctite dissolves in seawater; they now use a different thread-locker.

Shearwater says the blue Loctite dissolves in seawater; they now use a different thread-locker.
I have the blue, I would buy which ever they have found to be better. So far I haven’t found an issue with the blue is this sort of application, it would take a very long time to dissolve in this application I think, but better is good.

mmmm interesting, the nato posted earlier on this thread seems to have a buckle with a pin. Now while the loops would probably avoid the fall of the watch I find the idea of a NATO with a pin a bin weird.
Maybe I'm wrong! somebody has a picture?

What the heck, I'll be a guinea pig for the ugly blue camo strap. I needed some stuff from DGX anyway and this bumps me into the free shipping category. Once I get it setup I'll post pics.

What the heck, I'll be a guinea pig for the ugly blue camo strap. I needed some stuff from DGX anyway and this bumps me into the free shipping category. Once I get it setup I'll post pics.
You are SO going to win rule 6 now!

You are SO going to win rule 6 now!
lol..I know. I decided my fear was irrational since I don't wear the Teric as a casual watch. My chances of being ridiculed for wearing blue camo on a dive boat are pretty low.

A friend of mine got he blue camo watch band at DEMA, it isn't bad looking, but like all NATO bands it just doesn't adjust as you go deeper.

A friend of mine got he blue camo watch band at DEMA, it isn't bad looking, but like all NATO bands it just doesn't adjust as you go deeper.
Yep, I figured it wasn't elasticized or the product description would have mentioned it. This strap should add redundancy for a pin failure, keep it easy to charge and hopefully maintain the ability to wear it as a watch on dive trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom