Warranty and Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cummje

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello. Quick question. I purchased a proton (metal) octo last November and on a dive last week had the thing stop working on me. When I pressed the purge button at the end of the dive to dislodge any material that got in during the dive, no air came out. Nothing.

The question is: Is Mares warranty truly international? I purchased the octo in the States, but am living in Japan. Apparently a lot of companies have international warranties, but for some reason they aren't valid in Japan. Just wondering. I don't want to pay $100 to get the thing fixed here.

1. Are you sure there was air in the tank?
2. Maybe corrotion inside the tank blocked the inlet tube on the tank's valve. How recently was the tank VIPed?

Had 50 bar left.

Corrosion...possible. It was a rental tank and I didn't bother to look at any of the numbers. But my regulator worked fine, just the octo didn't.

Without looking at it, it probably just needs an adjustment. If a local dealer will not help you then contact our local distributor. If you still have an issue, let me know.

The warranty does cover defects in materials and workmanship.

Mobby Dick Inc.
+81 225 752880

Regards,

Phil

Back
Top Bottom