Warranty Specific Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Princeton Tec

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Please post here if you have warranty questions that our website wasn't able to answer. If you had a good, or even bad experience with our warranty department and customer service department, please do share.

PT

I bought this Surge approx. a year ago, on the first dive it flooded, I dried it out and set it aside, finally I have taken the time to deal with it. I cant find the receipt and am hoping it will be covered under warranty. Also when I took it apart it only had one O-ring. Is this right? Should I take it back to my Canadian LDS?...I didn't buy it from them.

Thanks
U/O

Attachments

• Dead Surge.JPG
    Dead Surge.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 297
:whistling:.....................

Our warranty program will not require you to have a receipt. Please contact Aqua Lung, who handles all of our Canadian warranty issues.

The surge only has one o-ring, however, the Torrent Xenon will be used as a replacement which has two o-rings.

Thank you very much. If I have any problems I will be in touch.

Thanks again,
O

I just bought a Surge 7.5 for an upcoming dive trip . After reading a few posts about the flood issues should I take another light . The worst part about failure is when you are on a trip . Thanks in advance for your insight.

I just bought a Surge 7.5 for an upcoming dive trip . After reading a few posts about the flood issues should I take another light . The worst part about failure is when you are on a trip . Thanks in advance for your insight.

Always bring spare just in case there is a problem...whatever it may be. There were some problems with the Surge some time ago, however most of them have been fixed or we have replaced the light. Please contact Princeton Tec upon your return to get an updated model. If there are any issues such as flooding during your trip, please rest assured that we will replace this light.

My Princeton Tec Eco Flare exploded last night. I guess it must have leaked. I just rinsed it after diving and hung it up to dry. I didn't think I'd need to open it up after every dive to see if it got water inside. I'm real sure I only unscrewed the cap just enough to turn it off and no more, and after I did that it only got a short rinse in tap water, so I think it must have leaked during the dive because the inside was soaked. I'm still trying to find the receipt and other stuff (I usually keep warranty cards, etc.), but no luck so far. Is this covered? And if so, what do I need to do now? Thanks

My Princeton Tec Eco Flare exploded last night. I guess it must have leaked. I just rinsed it after diving and hung it up to dry. I didn't think I'd need to open it up after every dive to see if it got water inside. I'm real sure I only unscrewed the cap just enough to turn it off and no more, and after I did that it only got a short rinse in tap water, so I think it must have leaked during the dive because the inside was soaked. I'm still trying to find the receipt and other stuff (I usually keep warranty cards, etc.), but no luck so far. Is this covered? And if so, what do I need to do now? Thanks

Princeton Tec warranties all of our products, including this one. We do not need a receipt, just return it to your local Princeton Tec dealer or contact us directly at Princeton Tec | Princeton Tec.

I took my light back to my LDS, and he took it with no questions asked, and told me to just grab another one off the wall. Can't ask for much more than that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom