Warranty Specific Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just opened my flashlight to replace the batteries for a trip next week, and when I removed the lens I heard a little snap. The bulb had cracked and left little glass particles in the reflector. :depressed: It still lights up, but it smokes after a second or two. Is this covered by warranty or even fixable? I was going to just try to find a replacement bulb, but the reflector is melted a bit on the edge.
Edit: Called Princeton Tec and they're sending out a new bulb and reflector.

Last edited:
FWIW, I'm currently experiencing warranty service on 2 Shockwave LED's.

The 1st I sent back to Diver's Direct, delivered to them on july 26. After 4 weeks I called them & they said that they had sent it to PT, PT was replacing it & as soon as they got it back they'd ship it to me. That conversation was 2 weeks ago, so far no light.

The 2nd failed after I sent that one in. Worked when I packed my gear bag on friday evening, wouldn't turn on in the water the next day. Turned out the switch failed somehow. I bought this one from scuba.com, they told me to send it directly to PT so I did. It was delivered on 08/26, so not quite 2 weeks yet.

So I'm waiting to see just how long this ends up taking for each light. The first one has me rather bitchy, as I think 6 weeks is more than enough time to get a light back in my hands.

I have some diving coming up & if my remaining lights crap out before these come back I'm going to be stuck buying even more new lights, which isn't what I have any desire to do right now.

I once had an Ikelite fail, sent it directly to them. The replacement was in my hands about a week later. So far they're way ahead on this issue.

46 days since the light was delivered to the LDS & no light.

Color me unimpressed with PT customer service at this time.

The LDS today confirmed that they have not received a shipment from PT. They do have 2 of these at one location & said they would transfer one in & send it to me.

That's to the shops credit, not PT.

While I prefer the PT design, the service has left me cold.

We're sorry to hear about this, as it is not a usual occurrence.

Please call our customer service manager, toll free at 1-800-257-9080 EXT 125, and we will address the issue.

Thank you for your continued support, and sorry for the mix-up

PTec

That shop is sending a replacement this week, despite not getting one back from PT yet. So it's no longer a concern. The 2nd light is in play, sent directly in. 2 1/2 weeks now, so it may be back this week or so.

less than 2 weeks until I dive, well over 55 days since delivery of the first light, but still nuthin'

I'm really not impressed. I'm thinking I won't be buying any more Princetion Tek lights.

called princeton tec today. while UPS confirms deliver on 08/26, they have no idea where it went.

the manager I spoke to said he didn't understand it, but with the tracking # showing delivery (he checked while we talked), he'd just send me a replacement.

so the bad is they lost or misplaced it. but the good is they're taking care of it & had no problem doing so.

one lesson: when you send stuff in -to any company- be sure to get tracking on it. without that I'd prolly just be out a light.

In August my Shockwave II light leaked while I was diving in Cozumel. I sent an email to Princeton Tec and was surprised when they told me that my light was still under warranty. I sent it in and 2 weeks later I had a replacement, a new Shockwave II light. Way to go Princeton Tec and you get a big thank you. I would recommend Princeton Tec to anyone looking for a new light.

I guess I'm gonna be the one with the really bad news. I have used my Miniwave LED and Torrent for 3 years and Service hasn't done a thing for me. Maybe that's because I haven't had the first thing go wrong with them.:idk:
I love mine so far.:wink: The Mini does have one very minor quirk but I can live with it. The switch lock can be finicky and some times it doesn't lock. It may just be my fumbling in gloves, but not a big issue.

Back
Top Bottom