Was I narced @60 feet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here’s the log.
So assuming an 80 tank that’s .4. Highish for me but she already stated that her consumption was not good so CO2 retention still on the list of possibilities.

..., but worried about recurrence at depth.
Just giving you an example what sometimes happens to me. I'll be just getting down to my working depth and usually shallow like 80 -85 ft. I'll be working on a lobster then rise up about 5-10ft and start kicking to the next hole. On the way there I'll start to get a "slight" dizzy feeling but not bad. I've been narked before at 130 and it's not a dizzy feeling but rather a huge smile and I've done something wrong like dropped something I was carrying, that's narked to me when I dive. For the shallow dizzy though, all I do is stop kicking, stop all motion and just wait about 10 seconds and it will suddenly clear with no lingering after effects. Sometimes it occurs on the 1st dive but usually its the 2nd or 3rd dive. It might be a bubble and sometimes I can equalize and it will clear almost like a reverse block. The key for me is to stop ALL movement and be perfectly still and it clears in just seconds. Your experience may be different.

Just giving you an example what sometimes happens to me. I'll be just getting down to my working depth and usually shallow like 80 -85 ft. I'll be working on a lobster then rise up about 5-10ft and start kicking to the next hole. On the way there I'll start to get a "slight" dizzy feeling but not bad. I've been narked before at 130 and it's not a dizzy feeling but rather a huge smile and I've done something wrong like dropped something I was carrying, that's narked to me when I dive. For the shallow dizzy though, all I do is stop kicking, stop all motion and just wait about 10 seconds and it will suddenly clear with no lingering after effects. Sometimes it occurs on the 1st dive but usually its the 2nd or 3rd dive. It might be a bubble and sometimes I can equalize and it will clear almost like a reverse block. The key for me is to stop ALL movement and be perfectly still and it clears in just seconds. Your experience may be different.
Thanks! This is most helpful.

Back
Top Bottom