Washing drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea_otter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My FLX Extreme just spent a week in the Mexican jungle... and it smells like it. What is the best way to wash inside and out?

I've just used a mild cleaner or Sink The Stink in full tub of water and let it soak. Used a soft brush to get any soiled areas clean. Turn it inside out and let it hang to dry. When the inside's dry, turn it right side out and let it dry, then store as normal.

I wash mine with baby shampoo/wash (all in one from Aldi, huge bottle is $3) and a soft rubber bristled brush I've had for years.

simple green and a soft scrub brush for the outside. same stuff and a wash cloth for the inside. If you have a pool, it can also take a quick dunk in there, slosh it around really good, then hose it off with tap water. Let it dry and you should be good to go. Keeping air moving around and inside of it is key for this btw, especially at the feet.

Thanks everyone! Gave my drysuit a bath with some baby shampoo and now I'm ready for cool air and cold water again... without smelling like the swamp thing. :rofl3:

Great post. Simple Green is awesome. Make sure to thoroughly rinse. And as mentioned dry completely.

Back
Top Bottom