Washingtonian Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oyster Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Last Saturday (7/19) I dove the wreck of the Washingtonian with the OC Diver. It was a great day to be out on the water. Visibility in the water was around 15-20 feet and the temperature on the bottom was 50F. My max depth was 88 feet. The wreck is broken up but still large and impressive. There are a couple of spots where you can swim into/under the wreck, just look out for fishing line which was all aver the place. It got really cold during the dive, luckily the thermocline was at 20 feet so the safety stop was in "warm" 54F water. A few fish and a lobster were brought up by other divers, but I got skunked looking for lobsters or brass. Cant wait to go again.

Sounds like a good time to me Andrew. Only real divers would mention that the "warm" water was 54 degrees.
I've been doing some diving down in Hatteras lately, but plan on hitting the Ocean Venture this Sunday.
Back into the drysuit.
These will be the last 2 dives to finish my Adv. Nitrox & Deco certs.

It definitely was a good day. I'm not sure of your assessment about a "real" diver though, other less charitable descriptions come to my mind. Congrats on the adv nitrox and staged deco class. I think that may be the best class I've ever taken, maybe I'll get to finish someday if my deep dives dont keep getting cancelled. Hope you have great weather Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom