Watch battery replacement??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grajan

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know where in the Houston area I can get the battery in a Casio dive watch replaced and the watch re-certified for diving?

Last place I went opened it up THEN told me they could not find the right battery or reseal my watch......

Thanks

I could be wrong, but I would think any reputible jeweler could not only replace the battery but reseal it, as well.

Depends on the watch. A lot of the watch mfgrs only certify the depth limit/waterfastness if *they* seal it. My older dive watch was a Casio, and had to go back to them for a new battery and a pressure test. Haven't had replace the battery in my Citizen Hyper Aqualand yet to see if they're similar...

Citizen will require a trip back to the dealer. We will send it back to Citizen for cost plus shipping, it's like $16.50 for the battery and testing and then UPS shipping there( about $7.00) and then Citizen charges $9.00 for shipping back by UPS. There is a guy who does them in Dallas and has a pressure tester but our last dealings with him he was a little erratic on the store hours and we made three trips downtown only to find him closed on two occasions, and he never returned phone calls. It was really weird. I have considered purchasing a watch pressure tester, I think they run $600 or $700. Not sure though. Man that's a lot of watches!

Casio huh... :huh:
I asked this watch Guru and he wanted to know
if you actually trust that thing?

Actually, anybody with a Bergeon 5555 tester can check it to 6 bars after the cell replacement. Your actually more likely to have a vacuum leak after you pop the back so somebody with a dry tester could help you with that.

You can gets some hints on one of my webpages on doing your own vacuum test at home. About 1/2 way down the page is a ditty about pressure testing ect. http://www.frankpoye.com/hints/hintspreadout.html

Frank is the expert so what he says is gospel for me...

In the past I take in my Casio G-shock and I make it real clear. I look at them in the face to make sure I have there full attention.
I want the battery replacing...
I am a diver.
Please carefully remove the o-ring and clean it- do not pull on it because you will deform it. Grease it with whatever you have and put it back together.
Also with the G-shock there is a spring behind the plate- please do not loose it…

Then they claim they cannot test it and I say yeah, yeah, yeah.
I am hoping to do this myself soon.
I have never had a problem with two battery replacements.
Although, I tend to destroy Casio G-shocks water, rocks, mud, diving in everything possible.

I would call Casio- ask for technical department and ask specifics for recertification.
The only thing I know that was ever freaky was a Helium escape on some of the Rolex and specialty dive watches.

The only drawback could be if there is an onboard pressure transducer?

Andrew

Since we are on the subject of watches. My Citizen Hyper Aqualand that is in very nice shape needs a home. Band looks brand new, NO lens scratches, battery still has lots of life in it..Been sitting on bedroom dresser most of the time. Comes with the newer software cd, download cradle, box, manuals. However NO display scuba tank gave to a nephew. If picked up locally 140.00 or add 10 for S&H to the lower 48. Reason for selling got a DiveRite nitek plus for a gift.

Dave
713-698-3747
Email: TeknaDv3x@yahoo.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom