Watch out central Illinois.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

racedude1984

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well The time has come for me to end my Florida journey. I have lived in Florida since June moved here from Pekin, Illinois. Now my family and I are moving back to Pekin. I have enjoyed Florida diving and hope to find some nice diving in the midwest. I have talked to a few local dive shops not sure if they are on here or not but I will be more then happy to go along on dive trips.

Josh Hamilton
Advanced, Nitrox,

Hi Josh,

Hopefully you'll make the trip a little further north and dive Lake Michigan. Be prepared for some "cooler" water than what you've been diving in Florida.

Hi Josh,

All I can say is I"M SO SORRY ,

you are trading in 50 to 100 ft of vis for 20 ft, and 80 deg water for 50 to 60 deg water.

What have you done wrong in a past life to deserve this ?

But welcome home anyways,

Jim Breslin

I have enjoyed lots of spring diving, fossil finding, reef drifts, and drift diving. I will always be a ble to visit florida but work takes me back to work in Illinois so I must suck it up and come back. I am kind of anxious to be able to dive some of the odd spots. I'm just wondering what kind of suit I may need to invest in.

I would really like to get dry suit certified.

Like the others said Welcome back. I would definitely look into investing in a drysuit. Theres a quarry called Mermet Springs where I live in Southern Illinois and obviously the Great Lakes and a few other quarries in the North.

hello,

Good luck for your trip in Illinois don't forget to travel Chicago it is very good and worlds famous city Michigan is also very good place.central usa is also very good. and Illinos is very beautiful state in that.

good luck!!

LOL exactly what is so beautiful about Illinois? It's flat with a lot of cornfields. I don't think I could ever move back after living in Florida... They'd have to drag me kicking and screaming :idk:

Josh,
Man you ever make it up to Wisconsin and like to do a great lake dive hit me up! a dry suit would be a plus, but late year a shallow shore wreck dive can be done wet JULY/AUGUST!
love spring country NW Florida the area is so beautiful,springs,rivers,country side!
good luck on return.
Brad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom