Watch out my brothers. This one is bad - typhoon Haiyan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any one know how Atmosphere is fairing? There is a group from my local dive shop there now, and another group waiting in San Fransisco to go there. I know Atmosphere is not in the direct path, but this thing looks bad everywhere. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the Philippines.

Mike & Lynda

Sea Explorers facebook page says that Dauin and Cabilao are fine , but still no news of Malapascua.

Any one know how Atmosphere is fairing? There is a group from my local dive shop there now, and another group waiting in San Fransisco to go there. I know Atmosphere is not in the direct path, but this thing looks bad everywhere. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the Philippines.
DiVentures in Omaha? If so, Cathi has posted on Facebook that it's passed and things are fine.

My friend who owns Fisheye Divers on Boracay said there's a lot of damage…obviously, but they're ok.

I am scheduled to fly out to Manilla on Fri. I was going down to Cayagan de Oro for a few days first, but I was planning on being in Bohol in about 10 days. Will it be back to "normal" by then or will they be picking up the peces for weeks/months? I.e. should I think about cancelling and going elsewhere if I can?

I'm trying to stick to my plans. with the earthquake and typhoon they are really hurting for tourist money. I don't want to be a burden but I guess I'd like to do my part in keeping them gainfully employed and hopefully spreading the word that they took some knocks but are continuing to operate. holding my breath to hear more...

I am scheduled to fly out to Manilla on Fri. I was going down to Cayagan de Oro for a few days first, but I was planning on being in Bohol in about 10 days. Will it be back to "normal" by then or will they be picking up the peces for weeks/months? I.e. should I think about cancelling and going elsewhere if I can?

Bohol is pretty much south of where the eye passed. There is probably some wind damage but nothing like Tacloban and the areas near the center of the storm.
And Filipinos are amazing with their ability to get things back to normal. I was on Boracay once when cat 1 or 2 came though. Direct hit. Two days later you could hardly tell anything happened.

Back
Top Bottom