Watch what reviews you post about Thailand...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BEFD29FB-CDCE-4E5D-9E26-FBA5839D4C0B.png

Wow. Two years for that? Uber mild IMO. Thanks for checking it out.

Wow. Two years for that? Uber mild IMO. Thanks for checking it out.

“Up to” two years. The first review...he accused them of human trafficking, so I’m guessing that didn’t do him any favors

The guy brought a bottle of booze into the restaurant and chose to be a douchebag about It. 500 baht cork fee. What’s the exchange rate on that?

Edit: Looks like $15.82. Who brings their own bottle of booze to a restaurant and then fights over a cork fee?:rofl3: A douchebag.

“Up to” two years. The first review...he accused them of human trafficking, so I’m guessing that didn’t do him any favors

The guy brought a bottle of booze into the restaurant and chose to be a douchebag about It. 500 baht cork fee. What’s the exchange rate on that?

$16. I was close. Like I said, he sounds like a douchebag. Should have bought a bottle from the resort. He’ll probably get off anyway. Just lucky he didn’t insult the king. Death for that.

The guy's an entitled *******, and he's getting what's probably been coming to him for a long, long time. If he was that abusive towards that particular resort, it's overwhelmingly likely that this was not the first instance of such behavior; only that he got away with it in the past.

I have to be honest, if someone was trying to destroy my business and jeopardizing my livelihood and the jobs and livelihood of my staff with blatant slander Falsely suggesting that we were criminals in a public forum..::I would come after them with absolutely everything at my disposal.

They had tried to work with him for a couple of years. He's just an awful person. So, it's not as if they went to the court first thing.

There are endless stories about what happens when you cause Thai's to lose face here in the land of smiles. Most everyone that lives here understands this and simply take a sabai sabai attitude when things like this happen.

You're not in your home country anymore, there are rules, its important to just go with the flow and let it go...you're in paradise after all.

"Play stupid games, get stupid prizes." gold. I might get this inked.

Sounds like another example of another dumbass American with an entitlement complex. We really don't understand that US laws don't apply when not in the US, do we? Two years seems a bit harsh, but let him sit in jail for a few days for a good scare and fine him a few thousand US dollars, that should help the lesson sink in.

I have a hard time understanding any approach to traveling in a foreign place other than "tread lightly".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom