Watch with Similar Algorithm for Partner (and buddy)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What was your point in that post? Or, perhaps, you are not sure?

1. Read the post @rongoodman was replying to. 2. Read his reply. 3. Read my reply to his post. 4. Repeat steps 1..3 until comprehension is attained.

If it is indeed grey market does that basically mean Oceanic won't honour their manufacturers warranty?
Depends on your local laws. In the US, that's what it means. But the largest grey market dealers here deal with this by providing their own warranty. You should talk to the retailer.

I've read this post 3 times and can't figure out what you are trying to say.

He is saying that ZHL16/GF is lacking in a number of useful features such as accounting for extra risk due to repetitive diving (the numbers come out so every day is like you have not dived for a year), short SI, see saw dive profiles. Calculating NDL is kind of trial and error for GF too, as it was designed assuming a first stop.

Because the SB attitude is longer NDL is always better than shorter NDL these features are seen as disadvantages.

He is saying that ZHL16/GF is lacking in a number of useful features such as accounting for extra risk due to repetitive diving (the numbers come out so every day is like you have not dived for a year), short SI, see saw dive profiles. Calculating NDL is kind of trial and error for GF too, as it was designed assuming a first stop.

Because the SB attitude is longer NDL is always better than shorter NDL these features are seen as disadvantages.

well we know that RGBM 2 / Fused and Tec is similar to ZHL16C on no-stop repetitive dives with a GF 95 and SI of 2 hours.

They differ with a SI of 1 hour.

We know that’s vastly different than RGMB which IMO is now effectively binned.

The detail of where RGBM2 et al differs w.r.t 16-C’s SI is interesting but I’ve not yet seen any analysis, likewise for day 2’s diving.

I’d say that the NDL anxiety some suffer from can be put to rest now that RGBM2 et al is very similar to 16-C.

RIP RGBM. (EDIT: XXXX RGBM where XXXX = any manufacturer)

:) Slightly premature, Zoop Novo, Vyper Novo, D4I Novo, D6I Novo, Cobra 3, all run Suunto RGBM
But Suunto RGBM is not RGBM. You can test this by doing a deep dive with one and seeing where the stops actually happen. If those are the same Suunto RGBM as an old Zoop I can tell you they are not very deep. Maybe I will borrow a new Zoop from someone and take to to depth and see what it does. On Sunday I am supposed to be diving with someone with one but it will not be more that 35m and ought not to involve any stops.

Hi @KenGordon

Nevertheless, these computers run "Suunto RGBM" Suunto RGBM Dive Algorithms Suunto ran a Buhlmann based decompression algorithm until 1999, when they switched to Suunto RGBM. Technical RGBM came out in 2009 and Fused RGBM in 2012. The new Fused RGBM 2 came out with the release of the D5

The Suunto RGBM algorithm is one that is frequently criticized for penalizing fast ascents, short SIs, perhaps other things like sawtooth or reverse profiles. Cressi and Mares both run proprietary "RGBM" algorithms that face the same criticism.

Whether any of these computers run your RGBM is another point. We are stuck with the nomenclature we have. It is my impression that Fused RGBM, and, I assume, Fused RGBM 2, run full RGBM at deeper depths. I believe the transition from Technical RGBM to Full RGBM occurs between 30 and 45 meters when there >20% helium in the mix and between 40 and 55 meters, when there is not. This is what Suunto says about Fused RGBM 2. Based on customer feedback, Suunto has adjusted Suunto Fused™ RGBM to a less conservative direction. The adjusted algorithm – Suunto Fused™ RGBM 2 – allows shorter ascent times on deep air dives and on repetitive dives. On repetitive dives, the change primarily affects Air/Nitrox dives.It would be interesting to know if these would meet your definition of RGBM

Good diving, let us know what you find out,

Craig

The Suunto RGBM algorithm is one that is frequently criticized for penalizing fast ascents, short SIs, perhaps other things like sawtooth or reverse profiles. Cressi and Mares both run proprietary "RGBM" algorithms that face the same criticism.

These are the things we tell people to avoid.

Back
Top Bottom