Water Festival March 15 at Ichetucknee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jill Heinerth

RebreatherPro
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Jacki Clark and her students have partnered with Ichetucknee Springs State Park to organize a community wide water festival. The students at FWHS have a service learning program that partners them with Ichetucknee Springs State Park. In relation to the PARKnership, students will be leading different hands-on activities for the public. These activities will educate, entertain, and inform people about our water and issues surrounding this vital resource. They will also be leading tours of the Educational Center, which is beginning to be utilized more fully. If you have not been in the Educational Center there is a great display with some cave diving footage and a short film called Spirit of the Ichetucknee that I produced with Wes Skiles some years back.

During the hours of the festival, park admission at the South entrance will be free, and prizes, food, and snacks will be available. Please help support our students as they become water ambassadors for our future.

Jacki Clark is a biology teacher at Fort White High and is doing great things to educate young people about their water resources. Kudos Jacki for helping to make this happen!

Ft. White High/Middle School Students Present Fun Activities to Share Their Knowledge About Our Water ResourcesSaturday, March 15, 20149:00 am – 12:00 noonSouth Entrance of Ichetucknee Springs State ParkFREE Park Admission and games & activities for ALL! Food will be available at the Park Concession.

---------- Post added February 2nd, 2014 at 07:24 AM ----------

From Jacki Clark -
Thank you, Jill! I do want to clarify, however, that it's Trini Johannessen's sixth graders (with the ever-efficient help of the PARKnership coordinator, Valerie Thomas) who have spearheaded this project. I and my students are truly background on this one.
SOe5wIZyutW.png
Please ensure that Ms. Jo, Valerie, and the middle-schoolers get the credit they deserve here. Thank you again, and I hope we'll see you and Robert there!
(We still think Jacki is pretty darned awesome with all her efforts!) - Jill

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom