Water Proof D7X vs. D7 Cordura?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RayReef

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone know if the Water Proof D7X is a newer version of the D7 Cordura?

Would the D7X weigh less and be more flexible both above and below the water than the D7 Cordura?

I have both suits. The D7x Nylotech is stronger, more flexible, and feels like it's half the weight of the Cordura suit. It is also a better fit. I have my D7x in the shop getting a plastic zipper installed. I've been using the Cordura in the meantime and really miss the D7x.

I have both suits. The D7x Nylotech is stronger, more flexible, and feels like it's half the weight of the Cordura suit. It is also a better fit. I have my D7x in the shop getting a plastic zipper installed. I've been using the Cordura in the meantime and really miss the D7x.
Wow, thank you so much for the quick response and information!

I've also seen someone recommend when selecting a Water Proof 5/7 hood, it may be better to select a hood based on head size over neck size.

...my measured size is 24" head and 16-1/2" neck.
Sizing chart for size XL as 23" head and 17" neck.
Sizing chart for size XXL as 24" head and 19" neck.

Any recommendations based on my head/neck size?

Back
Top Bottom