Water temp Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liquid.
The place has expended as well as the price over last few yrs. P3,000.00 for the basic cottage is a bit steep.

What are you looking for? Fancy or cheap?

Sea explorers have a great resort with good food and top notch dive ops.

Mike's is good too but i havent been. Apparently they make killer brownies...

I was talking to a friend of Mike's in April and he, of course, recommended Mike's place. However, I also looked online and found Pura Vida (Sea Explorers is there dive shop). I like the diving and people of the Philippines but not wild about the food. So Pura Vida looked good for food I'd like (bacon, eggs, pancakes, etc. for breakfast and Italian food for lunch/dinner). But then recently I read many reviews saying Pura Vida was a great resort but the food sucked.

Now I'm not sure which to book. Can anyone speak to the food at Pura Vida or Mike's? Or a better selection? I was going to go with Pura Vida. It is a little more expensive than Mike's but the food sounds better on their website.

I am leaving Pura Vida today. This is my first time in Dauin. The resort is great. Mostly divers from Europe. Diving has been also great, small groups and good guides. All the prices are on their web site.

The food was good, I was eating mostly filipino food. But there is a large menu with euro food too Breakfast was included and had an egg station plus a a buffet with pancakes.

Other then Apo Island, it is macro. Saw a wonderpus, bunch of flamboyant cuttlefish, tonnes of seahorses, lots of frog fish, including hairy, lots of pipefish, harlequin shimps, bobtail squids on the night dive.

I highly recommended the resort.

If you don't care for the food at the resort you're staying at just walk next door to another resort and try their food. A lot of resorts in Dauin are right next to each other so walking there isn.t a problem. Or walk into town and find a place to eat there. I've stayed at Mikes resort the last three years and the breakfast is good (not free) but found the western food there is a little bland--. We walked into town on several occasions and found a guy cooking and selling fried chicken off the back of his tuk tuk (motorcycle) and it was the best fried chicken I've ever tasted--then picked up some corn on the cob being cooked on the street and we were set. Plenty of small street type restaurants in town also-----so lots of options for eating besides just the resort you're staying at.

I can't recommend Sea Explorers as i stayed there lately. They have a big construction area right at the beach front next to the restaurant. Constant building noise is pretty annoying and the owner doesn't give a damn. And it was never anywhere mentioned when i booked with them. First and last time with Pura Vida.
I am sure there are better places (as well cheaper places) around Dauin where you can stay in peace

Mike's is good too but i havent been. Apparently they make killer brownies...

for sure can vouch for Mike's - really nice place especially if you 'll be able to book conner rooms with sea view (1st or 2nd floor, latter is better )))). next to pura vida and other hotel with a really nice menu ))) (el dorado or smth). Mike's has a nice big boat for long trips to Apo - all in all we stayed two weeks and wish to come again!!!!

Azure dive resort for the quality of the diving, some of the best guides around, generous food too.
btw I was in Dauin last week, temp was 28-30C
Is it possible to not leave the hotel for outside food/drink and be happy? It looks a bit remote.

Is it possible to not leave the hotel for outside food/drink and be happy? It looks a bit remote.
I'm afraid you can't go outside.. I tried, there's not much around, it might be 1/2 hour walk to Dauin.
South past Dauin village (where Mike's/Pura Vida/El Dorado/Atlantis are located) there is nothing much, so all other resorts are quite secluded.

That said I found their food good.and very consistent (twice the portion syou usually find in hotel retaurants).

I was just there water temps was about 28C. I dove in gym shorts and a rashie, no wet suit and was very comfortable.

I dove with Liquid Dumaguete, great people to dive with but I did not stay at the resort. I had a cheap Airbnb.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom