Water temps in Pompano Beach and around Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howswedeofme

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are heading there this weekend. What kind of temps are people seeing right now? I’m usually crazy hot in Florida and planned on bringing 1.5mm bottoms and 2.5mm top this time. I usually dive a 3mm in 77-80 degree water comfortably, sometimes sweat in my mask in 82 degree for reference. I should probably just overpack and bring both but I’m being stubborn about it :rolleyes:

This past weekend in Pompano was ~82 F around 60-70'
My husband felt a slight thermocline on his dive , pretty uniform temp on mine.

81 degrees around 70 feet yesterday, 79 degrees between 70-80 feet, but not constant. I could feel warmer and cooler areas while drifting at constant depth. Comfortable in 3/2 full suit, refreshing in dive skin.

Shallow water temps 84-86 at Lauderdale by the Sea.

We wound up not doing Blue Heron bridge but the temps were 85/86 around 30 feet at the Pompano Drop Off area and 83 around 60-70 feet on the Ancient Mariner. I used my 2.5mm vest and 1.5mm leggings and was comfortable most of the time, a little warm on a few of the shallow dives. Absolutely no current all weekend with the exception of very minor current that wasn't noticeable most of the time on the United Caribbean. It was incredible! Even on the third reef "drift" dive it was barely a drift.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom