Waterford Garda dead - County Wexford, Ireland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree we don’t know what happened but YOU in this post seem to know that it was equipment failure:

Hence why I am asking you why are you so certain it was equipment failure??!
And until suck time that it’s proven not to be the equipment I’m going to continue to believe it.

The person who examined it is an instructor not an engineer,
So what qualification exactly are you looking for him to have. He is an instructor on a number of units.
More importantly the Coroner adjudicated he was an independent expert for this purpose.

And until suck time that it’s proven not to be the equipment I’m going to continue to believe it.
Having a belief in the absence of any evidence is just cognitive dissonance. Beliefs do not work in getting to the bottom of an accident investigation. We need verifiable facts, facts that may or may not contradict your beliefs.

So what qualification exactly are you looking for him to have. He is an instructor on a number of units.
More importantly the Coroner adjudicated he was an independent expert for this purpose.
I can drive a car does that make me a mechanic

Having a belief in the absence of any evidence is just cognitive dissonance. Beliefs do not work in getting to the bottom of an accident investigation. We need verifiable facts, facts that may or may not contradict your beliefs.
Prove it wasn’t the rebreather malfunction and ill-believe you

I can drive a car does that make me a mechanic
Not an accurate comparison at all. When it comes to rebreather what qualification are you looking for exactly?

Prove it wasn’t the rebreather malfunction and ill-believe you
eh, that’s not how a debate works. YOU are making the claim it’s equipment failure so the onus is on YOU to prove it, which you have not done so far.

Not an accurate comparison at all. When it comes to rebreather what qualification are you looking for exactly?
The qualifications of the engineers that built it. And the computer system that runs it.

eh, that’s not how a debate works. YOU are making the claim it’s equipment failure so the onus is on YOU to prove it, which you have not done so far.
That’s an answer you’d get from the rebreather manufacturer’s solicitors, when in actual fact the onus should be on them to prove the gear hasn’t killed someone. The dead can’t defend themselves.

The qualifications of the engineers that built it. And the computer system that runs it.
You will find that using the Engineers who designed both the unit and the electronics in a Coroners inquest involving one of their units would lead to a legal conflict of interest and their findings would be open to criticism of bias. Let’s not forget the Coroner satisfied themselves to the competency of the person they appointed to act as an expert for this matter and I understand another expert group may have been helped this expert with the analysis of the electronics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom