Waterproof dry suit pocket seam/stitching leaking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDalts

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

Hoping for some advice please. I picked up a second hand Waterproof Draco dry suit in good nick for a good price.

Following a dive and a leak test, I have found a leak from the stitching around the pocket on the leg.

There are no seams inside, no i'm guessing I need to re-glue along the stitching externally?

Any advise on doing this and best products for a neat external finish that is flexible and waterproof?

Thanks!

Perhaps apply some Aqua Seal/Storm Sure to the area where the leak is located. I would also add some to the inside of the suit under the area of the leak as well.

Perhaps putting the Aqua Seal/Storm sure only on the inside might work to seal up your issue and keep the outside of the suit looking pretty...you can always apply to the outside of the suit if it doesn't work on the inside alone.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom