Waterproof makeup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimela

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The last thread I found on this was 4 years old so I decided to start a new one (maybe I missed one). I know some folks just don't care or need makeup while diving. I'm not one of those.

I found a waterproof eyeliner that looks like it will double as an eyebrow pencil. The best part is that it's CHEAP! It's the retractable waterproof eyeliner made by Sephora and costs $12. I experimented with it last night and lightly brushed it on my eyebrows and used a clean mascara brush (that I salvaged from an old mascara) to brush it through my eyebrows. It lasted through my night of sleeping - and when I tested the liner on the top of my hand it wouldn't rub off even later in the day.

Any other awesome products out there?

Make Up For Ever is the stuff that the performers at work use. It's an aquatic show. They high dive, enter and exit through a pool, and are generally sopping wet for most of the 90 minute show. Apparently it works for acrobats in the water, I would imagine scuba diving would be the same.

I got some Make Up Forever once - the eyeliner - and found it difficult to apply. It was a pencil, and it was hard and dry (and fell to pieces when I tried to sharpen it). I got a set of 4 - maybe it was just a bad batch. I could try a sample at Sephora.

Don't wear makeup diving but I do get lash extensions. Individual mink seem to hold up against 3-4 dives a day plus swimming for 2 weeks.

The last thread I found on this was 4 years old so I decided to start a new one (maybe I missed one). I know some folks just don't care or need makeup while diving. I'm not one of those.

I found a waterproof eyeliner that looks like it will double as an eyebrow pencil. The best part is that it's CHEAP! It's the retractable waterproof eyeliner made by Sephora and costs $12. I experimented with it last night and lightly brushed it on my eyebrows and used a clean mascara brush (that I salvaged from an old mascara) to brush it through my eyebrows. It lasted through my night of sleeping - and when I tested the liner on the top of my hand it wouldn't rub off even later in the day.

Any other awesome products out there?
I LOVE the NARS "The Multiple" in Orgasm shade. You can use it for lips, cheeks and eyes and you just end up glowy and natural looking. I am also going to try the Better Than Sex Waterproof mascara- I hear it is great. I'm getting ready for 9 day Live A Board trip, so looking for the same kind of suggestions. Thanks!

Interesting read! I never found a good mascara and kept of coming out of the water as a panda... Terrible! :rolleyes:

Get my eyelashes dyed.

I swim and dive. I recently had my eyebrows microbladed. I know it's an intrusive procedure and not for everyone but I am over the moon that I no longer have to fuss with my eyebrows every day, and I look "alive" after a swim or a dive.

Back
Top Bottom