Waterproof Santi Or Ursuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spediver1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello I was looking for opinions on which drysuits people like better. I was considering a Waterproof D1 or the D7 trilam pro. A Santi Espace. Or Ursuit one endurance -one performance. I'll be doing normal diving using a 200g undergarment (unless I get the D1) any opinions weather they're first hand or observed are welcome.

I attended the BTS show in NJ recently and also asked the vendors many questions about their product. Waterproof Dry Suits are made in China (or Asia). The Ursuit is made in Sweden and the Santi suits are made in Poland. Santi's support is US based in Florida. Halcyon now has the support and repair facilities. Ursuit's booth was right next to Dive Right In so DRI could be providing domestic support. Because DUI is located in San Diego, the west coast stores heavily support DUI due to the proximity of their location in San Diego.

I was in High Springs, FL recently, tried on a Santi BZ200 undersuit and made the purchase. The inseam of the suit was a few inches too long so the person I was dealing with took the suit and shortened the legs for me. I will most likely purchase a Santi based on reviews, and east coast support.

I attended the BTS show in NJ recently and also asked the vendors many questions about their product. Waterproof Dry Suits are made in China (or Asia).

I thought Waterproof does everything out of their HQ in Sweden? Would love to know/see what the "Made In.." tag says inside their suits.

Waterproof Dry Suits are made in China (or Asia).

Holy smokes Batman.... Waterproof Drysuits are Made in China.. Designed and Developed by Waterproof in Sweden...

313722-489f7b0ff6b54d406fe511f8e6a084f7.jpg

Not sure how this makes me feel about the brand, I do still have a lot of interest and appreciation given the many good things I have read on here about Waterproof Drysuits.

I have a Waterproof D7 and it is cut very wide and very heavy. Nicely made suit though. I made the mistake of stopping at Diverightinscuba a few month ago when I was in Chicago on business and tried a breathable Ursuit. The Ursuit is ugly as hell but man that thing was so light and well made that I had them take my measurements and hope to order one in the fall. They are made in Finland as far as I know and not in Sweden.

My vote would be for a Santi, as that's what I dive.

I have a Waterproof D7 and it is cut very wide and very heavy. Nicely made suit though. I made the mistake of stopping at Diverightinscuba a few month ago when I was in Chicago on business and tried a breathable Ursuit. The Ursuit is ugly as hell but man that thing was so light and well made that I had them take my measurements and hope to order one in the fall. They are made in Finland as far as I know and not in Sweden.

How heavy is the D7? Also would you retire the D7 if you go with a Ursuit?

Back
Top Bottom