Waterproof Wetsuit sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cashew

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a Waterproof H1 hood that I like a lot, and I'm considering getting a W2 7mm (since they are on closeout now). I am curious about how "forgiving" waterproof's sizing is, given that their size chart online says you can allow for "1-2 inches" variation. I'm borderline between two sizes (Small and Medium) and am trying to figure out which size to get.

For example, I found that Bare velocity wetsuits run small compared to Henderson's aqualock line. How true to size is Waterproof's stuff?

Waterproof wetsuits run fairly true to size with a slight emphasis on running large, so if you have conflict between two size suits, we recommend choosing the smaller of the two.

Personally I just bought the W4 7mm. I was between 2 sizes also and had Waterproof kindly ship one of each to my local dive shop. I tried them both and the larger of the 2 fit better (MT vs MLT). I am 5'10" and even the tall sizes are a tad short for me in the arms, but luckily the smooth-skin seals (as they call them) at the wrists make up the difference. I LOVE my suit! :)

So I guess that's not much help if you're trying to order just one on closeout and get the right size the first time...

Must agree the sizes are just a tad large... I have 3 WP suits and you just can't buy, borrow or steal a finer wetsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom