Way to go NYFD Dive Team

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't those guys know it's dangerous to dive with pony bottles mounted behind you?

Care to elaborate on just why it is dangerous to dive with a rear mounted pony bottle???

dr wu that is a blaket statement that does not work why is it so dangerous and what line of reason do you use to come to that statement. not picking at you just wanting to give you a chance to explane

dr wu that is a blaket statement that does not work why is it so dangerous and what line of reason do you use to come to that statement. not picking at you just wanting to give you a chance to explane

Why would I suggest an often argued gear configuration issue would be "dangerous" to people who fight fires for a living...?

Dr. Wu, why don’t you tell us a bit of truthful information in your profile so we can see where you are coming from with your statement.

As a PSD I want as little hanging or attached to my front as possible. Spending a lot of time acting like a worm in or on the mud I’d rather have everything as far back as possible. That’s not necessarily the case with Rec Divers.

~cough, cough... troll... cough, cough~

Guys..., leave it alone Check this guy out in other places in the forum. He would only post such a statement about a type of diving he knows little about with the intent of a useless debate. Those who train and do PSD know why the statement bears no response. It would be like me, who in our area of diving teather the diver in, going into a cave diving site (which I know little about) and saying "cave diving without being tied to the line is dangerous"

For those who work on the road..., think of it as an internet forum version of all the "amateur constitutional lawyer/breathalyzer expert, I-pay-your-salary" people we deal with every day. He's wrong.., anyone who has ever done any half-way respectable PSD training knows it. You are not going to convince Dr. Wu of it and there is nothing he can add to further PSD diving or training.

Regarding the other thread where we discussed getting a 'private' setting for the PSD forums.., I never thought it was an issue...., I may have to rethink my position

Great Job Guys.......

Dr. Wu, why don’t you tell us a bit of truthful information in your profile so we can see where you are coming from with your statement.

You really cannot see why I would mention a meaningless gear configuration issue when describing the work of the FDNY divers?

Why I would call that meaningless issue "dangerous"?

No idea at all?

None?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom