We can't blame the love boat people on this one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lthomas132

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hope he pays dearly!

cozumel-jeep.jpg

Man arrested after driving Jeep into Cozumel sea turtle nesting area - Riviera Maya News

oooh noooo!

The only slightly good thing is that while I gather the Jeep was a rental, that guy (Adrian E.M.L.) might have been from Mexico. The article doesn’t say anything about his being an extranjero.

I looked at few articles but they all said exactly the same thing (no indication of nationality ). While it does scream stupid tourist , I am just not sure if it was a foreign tourist

Anyone see something that indicated where he was from?

Good gravy...what a nitwit.

The only slightly good thing is that while I gather the Jeep was a rental, that guy (Adrian E.M.L.) might have been from Mexico. The article doesn’t say anything about his being an extranjero.

I looked at few articles but they all said exactly the same thing (no indication of nationality ). While it does scream stupid tourist , I am just not sure if it was a foreign tourist

Anyone see something that indicated where he was from?

That is my guess, as well. If it was a foreign tourist, wouldn’t the authorities have filed something with the applicable embassy or consulate?

That is my guess, as well. If it was a foreign tourist, wouldn’t the authorities have filed something with the applicable embassy or consulate?

in Mexico for most things they haul you to jail and sort it out there (even for most traffic accidents) . I am sure they are required to allow access to the consulate , but it would be from jail. It is more than a little bit ridiculous to go to jail for a traffic accident while carrying proof of insurance , but that is the way it evidently works

Thankfully I haven’t experienced it first hand , but I gather the whole thing is a mess. I think your first call should be to your insurance agent (if not driving a rental ) because they will be extremely important in getting you out

I have heard that the Jeeps for rent on Cozumel have all had their 4WD disabled to discourage renters from doing this kind of stupid... stuff.

I love when idiots get bogged on the beach and have to pay outrageously to get pulled out.

Hint: Let some air out of the tires.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom