We Did It!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goeduck

Contributor
Reaction score
My buddy and I completed our Scuba classes today with our last two OW dives. We are now Schuba Diva's!!!.

Both dives were with two others completing their Advanced OW class. On our first dive, we started out at about 20 feet, then did a bounce dive to 64 feet and then we followed the other pair as they attempted their navigation skills portion (along with the instructor). When we surfaced, the instructor had us finish up by doing our rescue swim portion of the skills. That dive lasted just over 20 minutes.

Our second dive was pretty much the same as the first dive except we did not do the bounce dive and my buddy and I were the ones doing the navigation portion. We completed the navigation portion (four points) in about 13 minutes. Since the dive had to be at least 20 minutes, the instructor had us follow him to a slightly deeper depth and then motioned for the two of us to head back to the beach. Since we already knew what the compass heading was back to the beach, we headed off. At the 20 foot level, there is a rope anchored to the bottom. We found that rope, spent a couple of minutes there, headed up to 15 feet, spent another minute there, up to 10 feet, another minute and then swam along the bottom until about 4 to 5 feet and we were done. This dive was just under 25 minutes.

Unknown to us at the time, when the intructor had my buddy and I head to the beach, he waited a short time and then sent the other two after us to located us. We both ended up at the rope, but we were at different ends of the rope and never saw each other. :D They surfaced shortly after we did.

What a blast. Now we just have to get out there and get some more diving in. As Uncle Pug say's, gotta stay wet to stay purdy. We are thinking that maybe in the next few dives, we are going to go Northwest Bug Hunting. Luv the taste of fresh crab.

That people will read it "di-vah" and not "De-va".

Thanks, UP

Very cool. Congrats. :)

I hate to ask the question but do not all certifying agencies use 60 feet as the MAXIMUM depth for open water divers?:confused:

No sll agencies do not use 60ft as limit for recreational divers. SSI uses 100ft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom