We have something to share

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shearwater

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi ScubaBoard!

We're excited to share an invitation to our live stream on July 23rd at Noon in Vancouver PST, 3 pm Miami and 8 pm London.

Find out the details at We have something to share! - Shearwater Research

Everyone here at Shearwater is grateful for your continued support and valued comments.

We look forward to seeing you there!

We have something to share! - Shearwater Research
We will be streaming live on July 23rd at 12PM in Vancouver (3PM Miami | 8PM London). Join us on our YouTube Live Stream or on our Facebook Live on this exciting day!

have-my-money-5c6f41.jpg

Ooooh, a little less then 3 days to guess what is coming. What will it be?

Solid state O2 cells perhaps? That is what I am hoping for.

apparently it looks to be a recreational version of the perdix with wireless charging, a reduced depth rating, and cheaper called the peregrine. the two things that don't make sense are removing the compass and AI though.

it seems like the premium recreational market would be much more interested if the compass and AI were still included.

apparently it looks to be a recreational version of the perdix with wireless charging, a reduced depth rating, and cheaper called the peregrine. the two things that don't make sense are removing the compass and AI though.

it seems like the premium recreational market would be much more interested if the compass and AI were still included.

This looks correct on the Peregrine. Not seeing AI included unfortunately on it. Haptic feedback/alarm though. Size/screen similar to Perdix. Reduced depth doesn't look like a problem at 120m :wink:. No compass either. Still love my Petrel 1, which this basically is with a rechargeable battery in a smaller, lighter package and silicone band.

Personally I hate electronic compasses, I like my AI though.

Doesn't really matter my perdix is less than a year old and does everything I need it to do.

Unless it's price is about the same as other companies mid range i have no interest.

If it is around the same, well I've been thinking about what to get for a backup.

Looking forward to the annoucement!

if the rumored price is correct, it will put serious competition into the mid range market. resale value of the older non-AI shearwaters may take a hit too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom