We have Spring so where is air integration?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that those of us that bought this computer on a promise that we would have AI have a right to be upset. I know of at least two deadlines that have been missed. I own my own business if i don't come through for my customers they find someone else. I have been a very loyal Mares customers all my dive equipment is mares. I am starting to rethink and find someone that will do what they promise. The sad thing is after all the delays they still will want us to fork over another five hundred dollars i think they should take care of those that have stuck with them!

Last edited:
I too have been waiting patiently. And I thank Zak for keeping us posted.

Bottom line for me is that I've been waiting for a long time, have a 3 week dive trip coming in May, and am ready to lay my money down for an AI upgrade to my rig. I could wait until later since I could use my existing setup, but May is my deadline.

So this weekend at the Tacoma dive show I will seek at the best bargain and purchase it. Would I like an Icon? Sure. But this whole thing has tainted my view on Mares. To me it's a simple business decision.

i didn't go with the icon because of the ai aval. so i went with the uwtec luna with ai and dont get me wrong great computer easy to read ai works great, but for 2 years they have been pushing back the release of trimix software. so good luck with your next computer. i would think mares ai is close at this point.

I went to my authorised Mares dealer about a year ago after reading this forum and the Mares website about the Air-integrated release date. I was looking forward to buying one.

However the dealer told me:

1. The Icon HD was indeed a good computer, but ....

2. Once Air integration would come out, It would NOT be free of charge, in fact they said users had to buy a new computer. ( This would make sense from a business point of view, Mares would not give away free computers, they would loose money, right)

3. Mares isn't what it used to be,

4. Especially regarding After Sales.

Also taking into account the fact that the Air-integration has been postponed so many times with empty promises made me change my mind.

At this point, there is still no Air-integration, I'm happy I did change my mind. I bought an Air integrated UWATEC Galileo luna instead and I am very happy with it.

I don't think there will be an Air-integrated Icon any time soon. :no:

So good luck to all you users out there who are still waiting for the upgrade. :rofl3:

PT
The Netherlands

Any update on a release date? Its the end of April and we haven't heard anything in over a month. If its a may or june release date, they should have a date by now.

I sense another delay coming. :-(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom