"We Talk Diving" site hacked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FritzCat66

Florida Reef Cat
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all - Didn't know exactly where to post this, it's regarding another online scuba forum besides ScubaBoard, but for rather obvious reasons it can't be discussed there. I totally understand if the mods want to move or delete this post, but I'm bringing it up because I know many SB'ers also have accounts on this other forum, and might be concerned that our login credentials might be compromised - and it certainly woudn't be unheard-of for someone to use the same or similar credentials on different dive forums.

Anyway, all that being said, the problem in a nutshell is that the "We Talk Diving" site seems to have been hacked. I got an email notice that someone had tried unsuccessfully to logon to that site using my credentials, even though I haven't logged onto them in eons. Checking it out, I noticed right away that their main page has obviously been hacked. The forums are still there, but there are no recent posts at all and I'm worried it's just a honeypot to try and lure users to logon so the evildoers can grab your credentials.

Anyway, this is of particular concern to any ScubaBoarders who might share credentials with other scuba sites. Be careful with this one, and definitely use different credentials on different sites!

Received the same notice

Last edited:
It happened at least a week ago. You could tell when it was hacked since the Hacker replaced the homepage with his Hacker cred.

It's since been restored - I've been on it several times this week. I suspect the reason for almost no posts is no one is sure about it.

Check with [user]El Orans[/user] or [user]Capt Gary[/user] here if you're still concerned - they manage/own it. Laurens used to be our sysadmin here on SB. Gary also owns Conch Republic Divers.

Hey yall. It appears the site got two index.php files replaced but they don't have or have access to get any information concerning passwords. It's not a honeypot as fritz calls it. Just a nasty redirect to the hackers pics. The site is back up, working and the hackers IP has been banned. If you have any issues let me know.

Good Diving,
Capt Gary

Back
Top Bottom