Wear those seatbelts.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow Ryan, that could have been scary and sad. Glad you're okay!

luckily you didn't have any scuba tanks inside bouncing around with you. Just a month ago my mom was almost killed when an idiot in an SUV ran a red light, impacted JUST behind her into the driver's side rear seat area.....her car was totalled and it gave us a bad scare......nothing like getting a call telling you mom's been in a bad accident and to meet the family in the hospital emergency room! She was wearing a seat belt, which I'm sure made a huge difference in the outcome, and she's doing much better now.......but had she been hit just a split second earlier (and taken the hit in the driver's front door area instead) she probably would no longer be with us.

Glad you came out of that one OK. For the others, "luck" may be part of it but being prepared by wearing seatbelts is not a matter of "luck," but of wisdom. I would never consider driving on the mainland without wearing mine... it's just automatic. However, when driving my golf cart here on Catalina Island, at speeds up to about 10 mph (for mine), I don't. There was a death years back when a golf cart driver was involved in a hit-and-run and was not wearing her seat belt though.

Be safe... live to dive some more.

Did that happen east of 75? I think heard the call on the radio but I didn't work the accident.

Yeah, it was in Garland at the Shiloh road exit. If you work for Garland PD could you send me a quick PM.

Thanks.

luckily you didn't have any scuba tanks inside bouncing around with you. Just a month ago my mom was almost killed when an idiot in an SUV ran a red light, impacted JUST behind her into the driver's side rear seat area.....her car was totalled and it gave us a bad scare......nothing like getting a call telling you mom's been in a bad accident and to meet the family in the hospital emergency room! She was wearing a seat belt, which I'm sure made a huge difference in the outcome, and she's doing much better now.......but had she been hit just a split second earlier (and taken the hit in the driver's front door area instead) she probably would no longer be with us.

No kidding. I had just dropped my dog off 30 min. prior to this, could have been real bad for me and my dog had he still been in the car.

Had an interesting morning today. Had a guy hit me on 635 at approx 70 mph, which caused my suv to flip approx 5-6 times on the exit ramp and into a ditch. I always get onto family and friends that don't wear them, well he is another reason to. I have no doubt in my mind had I not been wearing it, I would have either been dead or still in the hospital. Luckily I always do wear it and only had some minor cuts and soreness.

wreck.jpg

So glad to hear you are doing well considering the picture of the wreck.

Merry Christmas

I think your going to get a new car.

I heard a line in a movie last night that said "I create my own luck". That is what seat belts do for me.

The timing is right. You can catch the end of year dealer specials on your new ride.

Very glad your dog was not in the car with you. That would have been horrible.

Hmmmmmm, Bad Break Buddy.......
But Wow....you lived ! ' Job Well Done ...

So....we may still get to dive together sometime !! :D

I'll be traveling through your town on Wednesday and on Friday if you need a ride.

Glad to hear you are okay. What a blessing!

As for the seat belt, I concur. I worked with emergency services (fire dept. rescue squad) for nearly three decades, and I can honestly say I never saw an auto accident that a seat belt made worse but, conversely, I saw PLENTY in which a seat belt made or would have made all the difference in the person's survival or degree of injury.

Giving thanks you are all right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom