Wear those seatbelts.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang! Call his insurance company and ask: "I need a rental car. Do you want to provide one from your contracts or do I need to add that to my claim?" It's cheaper if he handles it.

Yes it sounds like he did. No rental car yet, luckily I have another car I can drive until I find something else. Although if I can get a rental car I will cause I really don't want to drive my weekend only car to work.

Ryan--They owe you a rental car.

Try to when I can, its pretty hard for me to get a sat or Sunday off.

On another note, guy that hit me was arrested for suspicion of DWI, at 9 in the morning. wow. And he did have good insurance, thank goodness. :D

I hear you, it's next to impossible to get time off right now. I'm off Mon/Tues on deep nights. Maybe we can figure something out one of these days. Let me know if you want to go.

Well their insurance is gonna **** me. Any one know any good lawyers in the area for this kind of thing?

Well their insurance is gonna **** me. Any one know any good lawyers in the area for this kind of thing?
You talked with them already, or you just expect this?

Does your own insurance cover you on this? If so, they will pay the claim less your deductible then go after his liability, but then you might want a lawyer still. It's the job of either claims agent to minimize payments of course.

A good lawyer might want to go for personal damages so you will need to decide whether you want to go after as much as possible or settle easily. If the latter, an attorney may cost more than he's worth to you.

Had an interesting morning today. Had a guy hit me on 635 at approx 70 mph, which caused my suv to flip approx 5-6 times on the exit ramp and into a ditch. I always get onto family and friends that don't wear them, well he is another reason to. I have no doubt in my mind had I not been wearing it, I would have either been dead or still in the hospital. Luckily I always do wear it and only had some minor cuts and soreness.

wreck.jpg
Dang! :shocked2: I'm so glad that you came out of that crumpled wreck!

As for the car, a friend had a bad accident and put it this way ... "It gave it's life, to save mine"

Seat belts help and I wont go anywhere without them on .. and for those that say they wont wear them, ... I try to explain that in a vehicle with air bags, not wearing your seatbelt can quickly kill you, even if the accident was minor one.

You talked with them already, or you just expect this?

Does your own insurance cover you on this? If so, they will pay the claim less your deductible then go after his liability, but then you might want a lawyer still. It's the job of either claims agent to minimize payments of course.

A good lawyer might want to go for personal damages so you will need to decide whether you want to go after as much as possible or settle easily. If the latter, an attorney may cost more than he's worth to you.

They stated they are taking no liability in this accident because it was a un licensed driver not on the insurance plan. freaking ridiculous. I'm just a little pissed at then right now. So now I'm stuck with the medical bills.

Try to when I can, its pretty hard for me to get a sat or Sunday off.

On another note, guy that hit me was arrested for suspicion of DWI, at 9 in the morning. wow. And he did have good insurance, thank goodness. :D

They stated they are taking no liability in this accident because it was a un licensed driver not on the insurance plan. freaking ridiculous. I'm just a little pissed at then right now. So now I'm stuck with the medical bills.
WTH? that bites

Are you talking about the guy that hit you is unlicensed and has no insurance? ... who's car was he driving? ... if not his own car , then the cars owner's insurance might be liable

That makes no sense? :confused: The car is covered for liability regardless of who is driving generally. :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom