Weather in Thailand in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

escapedia

Registered
Reaction score
Hello
Is going in the end of April on a liveaboard without A/C is suicidal?
It should be my 2nd liveaboard on my trip, so I'm a little short of money, and I'm very keen on diving in south of Thailand (Koh Tarutao).
The guy who arranges this liveaboard told me that though it's hot and humid, sleeping on the deck or on the land is bearable, after all.
I would like to hear your opinion.
Thanks.

What's the boat?

Maybe you can sleep on deck if the cabins are too sweaty.

Because April is H.O.T. My parents are coming this year and I think I'll need to install some more aircon in the house so they don't melt.

I don't know yet what boat it is, but I only know it's a small one (4pax in one cabin+4pax on the deck). I guess all of us will sleep on deck or overnight on one of the islands (beaches, not resorts..).
I guess I should check for more info, and then I'll have to decide if this remote area of Thailand worth being 'cooked for' in the April oven...
Thanks for your replies.

Sleeping on deck should be okay. I doubt you'll want to sleep in the cabin or the lounge area unless it rains :zap1: I mean, you're from Israel, and it gets pretty hot there, as I recall from my own trip there in the summer. If you were a Scandinavian, I might worry more about it :hmmm:

Thanks Quero.
I'm a bit more 'calm' now to go on the liveaboard, knowing that the heat won't kill me :11doh: .
I do hope that the sea breeze will do me good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom