Webbing for harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just as a data point, I made a harness out of this material from strapworks:
https://www.strapworks.com/Polyester_Webbing_p/pew2(10k).htm

It's a bit too flimsy. It stays in place, triglides don't move around, etc. It rolls up nice and tight for packing and is comfortable in just a rash guard, but the shoulder straps would roll occasionally when I went to put my bp/w on. It's not annoying enough that I'm going to rush out and replace it, but if I were buying again, I'd want something firmer.

I love Halcyon webbing.

I made mine of the Mares bulk weightbelt webbing, a bit stiff but i found that easier to take off in the water.

Sorry if this has been asked befor ahead of time.

Anyways its time for new harness webbing, so all I need is the webbing material no hardware. I was looking at Strap Works since they sell there products on amazon. looks like they have three kinds Polypropylene, Flat Nylon, Polyester. And all come is various thickness.

My main question is what material is best and what thickness? I did see that they have a "scuba nylon webbing" however the thickness says is 0.80" this seems extremely thick I'm worried it will be to stiff??

Thanks

Marsh...

Contact Dive Gear Express...

All the sizes...stiff for harness...softer for crotch straps...all the widths...all the keepers...all the ''D'' rings...

Sold in rolls or by the running foot...also available...complete harness kits...hogarthian/comfort etc...

Great service...super fast delivery...none better...

Best...

Warren

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom