Webbing Slots for Wings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kablooey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone know where to get these webbing slots commonly seen on wings? Or even what they're called?

I'd call it a grommet, but I couldn't tell you where to buy one that isn't already bonded to a wing.

Try Tobin at Deep Sea Supply, he'll be able to point you in the right direction.

The grommet is $399. It includes a wing at no charge. Same kind of deal as buying a goat and getting a free drysuit. :)

Or maybe you will get an actual recommendation. I would do a search for grommet and see what you come up with.

Hogs zip out! Too bad all aren't designed that way!

Does anyone know where to get these webbing slots commonly seen on wings? Or even what they're called?

We decided to make our own in part because they proved to be quite difficult to source, and in part because I wanted some other than what was being used.

If I was trying again today I check with Strapworks and Sailrite and anybody else that distributes webbing, and plastic buckles etc. These guys may not sell them, but they may know who does.

The real issue is even if you find a vendor the minimum order could be a stopper.

If it was me, and I had very few to do I'd consider buying a real hot knife, (which are endlessly useful for working with nylons and other synthetics) and just heat seal the edges of the slots to reduce fraying.

Good luck.

Tobin

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom