Weda Resort and Divers Lodge Lembeh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octopuppy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone chime in on this place? How's the resort, diving, birding? Best time of year to go?
Most appreciated!

Hi,

You can dive Lembeh all year, although the best time for critters is considered to be April-October. I was there in September'10 and stayed with Divers Lodge Lembeh. I've done a couple of posts on it, but mind that this was over 2 years ago:

Divers Lodge Lembeh
The muck diving experience

Given the proximity you could consider doing some diving in Bunaken. I liked diving in Lembeh but as personal taste I wouldn't spend more than 3 days there.

Have fun

Being the owner, I am not really an trustful source in many peoples opinion. But did you have a look at Tripadvisor?

I have been to both resorts and would recommend them. There are very different resorts in type of diving but the service is fabulous in both places.

@Octopuppy: which resort are you asking about? Lembeh is about muck-diving and Weda is more about wall diving with super coral and lots of fish of all sizes, plus sharks.

You can go birdwatching in Lembeh and Weda, but I think it is better in Weda. I did a half-day birdwatching at Weda and it was really great. We saw a lot of different birds thanks to the guides we had with us. But you can also see interesting birds from the resort itself (parrots, eagles, kingfisher birds). When I was there last november, there were 2 birdwatchers who were very happy and enthusiastic of their stay there.

I would go back to Lembeh or Weda without hesitation!

Let me know if you have other questions.

My wife and I are adventurous divers from Singapore. Since we are having Raja Ampat live a board scheduling, we thought that we might try to visit Weba resort. I have not read many reviews. We are mostly interested in healthy corals, lots of schooling fish, lack of overfishing, and perhaps pelagics. Thoughts and suggestions...

Really looking forward to our trip to both Diver's Lodge Lembeh and Weda Resort, Halmahera. We love the sea critters and the birding. Anyone else been there recently?
Thanks for your input all.

Really looking forward to our trip to both Diver's Lodge Lembeh and Weda Resort, Halmahera. We love the sea critters and the birding. Anyone else been there recently?
Thanks for your input all.

Hi octopuppy,

I just returned after doing a Divers Lodge Lembeh / Weda combo. Did about one week of diving at each place.
This was my third visit to Lembeh (second time with DLL) and first visit to Weda.

DLL was as good as ever. Lots of tasty food and cookies. Great service and friendly staff. And diving Lembeh was good as usual.

The Weda resort is a bit more primitive than DLL but Rob and Linda have managed to create a very similar vibe there. Same tasty food and cookies. The service is great. Somehow the staff always manages to have breakfast/lunch/dinner ready for you whenever you happen to get back from your diving.

There are two dive boats at the resort and the dive schedule is very flexible. If you need to rent gear you should probably inform them beforehand to make sure they have the right sizes for you.

Even though there are some muck/macro sites to dive at Weda, it is mostly about the healthy coral reefs and fish. All the reefs we visited were all in amazing condition. Visibility varied between 25+ meters on some of the reefs to between 1 and 4 meters while diving the house reef. If you like healthy coral reefs I cant see how a visit to Weda can be wrong. Highlights for me was a close encounter with an Eagle Ray and meeting the walking shark of Halmahera on a night dive.

For muck and macro I did the Airport - Bandara dive site pretty much every night I was there. The site is similar to Lembeh but perhaps with slightly different critters.

You will be able to see Hornbills more or less every day from the resort and if you do the bird tour, the Standardwing are still doing their thing.

The trip to Weda is very long, but if healthy coral reefs is your thing I'm sure you find it worth while. And also keep in mind that if you do the DLL / Weda combo you will lose some dive days due to the flights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom