Wednesday's pickie - and not a drop of water to be seen!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Jim

Contributor
Reaction score
Any of you culture vultures know where this is?
bayon1.jpg

Two can play at that game!

Here's a picture of you, just in case everyone on the board wanted to know what you looked like! :eek:ut: :eek:ut: :eek:ut:

bzeimg25b.jpg

there was water in that picture, and while it is not technically underwater, I think it counts.

Actually, that picture is off the Belize photo gallery on my web site. The image is entitled "Mother-in-Law"!!!!

I'm such a wag!

Hmm, could it be Bali? I am thinking of those stone faces on their temples. Am I even on the right continent?

Well, East would be Cambodia so would this be Siem Reap/Ankor Wat? A little North and East may also be Laos. Have not been to either places eventhough I have been thinking about visiting there for awhile. Diving trip keeps coming up and interfere with my land trip though :)

Spot on with Cambodia!

The first picture is one of the faces on the Bayon, followed by my mother-in-law/Belizean pig then another picture of the Bayon, one of the trees growing rounds the remains of the Thaprom and then Angkor Wat itself. I spent 4 days at Angkor in about 1994, Took 49 rools of film in those 4 days, plus about another 10 in Phnom Phen and environs. Angkor is the most amazing place I have ever been whe it comes to ruins. I know the Egyptian ones are older, but these are so intricate and beautiful. If places like Tikal or Altun Ha in Central America were in the Angkor area they would bypass them altogether!

Back
Top Bottom